The Chamber of Tears
Quest Giver: Click on Door in Relic, the Artifact City
Requirements: Soldier of Air, Fight Fire, Any Trials of Smoke, Prisoner's Dilemma, Palace of Embers, Brass Palace, Key to the Kingdom, Contract of War, All Hail the King, Royal Visits, Tyrant of Fire, Enter Mearatas, Serving Another Master, Earthen Dirge, Mold Seeker, Relic Raider, and Delivery
|Re: Strange Magic By: Beos On: March 16, 2019, 01:06:38 PM
In order to guarantee a win I requested the task, zoned everyone in, clicked the stone and waited to make sure the spellbinding golem was the first one to activate. If he wasn't the first, zone out, drop task, and repeat until spellbinder is first--that way if you wipe/die you don't have to endure that stupid AE.
Also--a paladin/shm make this pretty trivial. You can spiritual rebuke all the mobs away, and use Divine call to pull the rooted ones to you to murder one at a time.
Re: Strange Magic By: nanan00 On: February 17, 2019, 06:35:11 PM
The adds can be charmed by bards with Dawnbreeze's Demand.
Re: Strange Magic By: Skecpa On: January 02, 2019, 07:58:22 PM
- Golem kill order is random
- Everything aggros based on line of sight. If you are invis or behind a pillar nothing will aggro until it sees you.
- *Everything* is rootable. If things are going south (tank dies) you can punt the golem and root rot it. I never had shaman VP resisted by a golem. Chanter chant/blur works too but make sure it isn't already VP'd as the chanter root will break the VP root when it fades.
- Golems summon at 1% yes, one... ask me how I know :/
- Adds are mezzable
- You can recover from a wipe with invis if spellbinding golem isn't up. If spellbinding is up... pray a DI fires and you can root and blur the golem then enjoy your long wait for mana while constantly being put back in combat
- Campfires do not work inside
- Spellbinding - Zone wide AE that negates all spell haste and breaks invis (Does not break rogue hide) This golem is pretty straight forward, has nothing else special about it.
- Lifebane - Stack in a pile and the debuff can be ignored as it cancels out
- Hex - Spread group out around the zone and debuff can be largely ignored, need the 2 people that get it to run away from each other. Note: This golem seems to spike damage, my TBL group full T2 geared warrior running discs has been 1 rounded a few times.
- Arcane - Has an AE, has a buff that sometimes reflects spells or something, it was pretty easy
As stated already, golems spawn 2,3,4, and then 5 adds upon their death.
If you set up behind any pillar in one of the 4 corners before clicking the item nothing will aggro. (You must hug this pillar tight!) Stepping into LoS will bring one golem to you. If you kill the golem directly behind a pillar and then immediately invis the adds won't aggro and the next golem won't either. (If it's the spellbinding golem, sucks to be you enjoy killing the adds when the aura breaks your invis) Once invis, run to another pillar and figure out which golem is active. Once golem is killed the adds from previous golem despawn.
After the first golem dies the zone appears to despawn all active NPCs (mercs/pets/etc) This seems not to happen if there are shards up when you kill a golem... this may be related, just speculation!
Re: Strange Magic By: Paruaa On: December 27, 2018, 04:22:08 AM
The shardlings despawn when the next set spawns, or at least they do at the moment. When you kill the first guardian it despawns all mercs and pets.
Re: Strange Magic By: Satellite On: December 16, 2018, 09:16:12 AM
kill the adds that spawn off of each guardian kill.
1st guardian splits on death to 2 small shardlings , and the next new guardian goes live.
2nd guardian dies splits into three shards on death and next guardian goes live
3rd guardian dies splits into 4 shardlings and next guardian goes live
last guardian dies splits into 5 shardlings
You need to kill the shardlings,, they hit hard and will kill the group. CC needs tash, root works
If you wipe you can run back and pick back up. the mobs dont see invis.
Strange Magic By: Riou On: December 09, 2018, 11:44:06 PM
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://tbl.eqresource.com/strangemagic.php